Wednesday, November 08, 2006

An interstellar burst ...

I have voyaged to the edge of the world, I have sailed over the edge, I have fallen into another rut.

I wake up at noon, drink two coffees.

I teach.

I become a mountain, a crash test dummy, a trash can for children. I laugh with chilling authenticity at the same gags every day - laughing though I don't find them funny, although I find it funny that I don't find them funny, so I laugh at myself - let's call it doublelaugh.

"Teachel wolf-man!"
"HA HA HA"
"Teachel clazy!"
"HA HA HA"
"Teachel stinky and clazy!"
"HA HA HA"

My kids love me. Kind of.

I go out, eat intestines. I don't ask from which animal.

I come home. I pluck "Blackbird" on the guitar. It's late, the neighbors are sleeping. I leave the guitar on the sofa. I drink hot cocoa and read books about physics and space until I can no longer see straight. I strap on my sleep visor. I sleep.

I wake up at noon, drink two coffees.

I teach. Kind of.

No comments: